Regarding the Convolution and the Sickle

The most appropriate place for Questions, Queries, and Quandaries regarding the nature of the Vega Strike universe and its past, present, or future history. Home to the occasional unfortunate RetCon.
Pvt Minsk
Explorer
Explorer

Regarding the Convolution and the Sickle

Post by Pvt Minsk »

Hey chaps, I've got a query involving two ships. Right now I'm the pilot of a neat Convolution craft with an ungodly load of Dumbfire missiles (after missiling a heavy Homeland-Security craft to atoms I can't think of a better weapon), but I'm planning on getting the lovely Sickle class Medium Hunter craft. The thing's stats look cruddier than the Convo, but aesthetically it totally pwns the tougher one.

But while on my quest to get money for the Sickle, I'm interested in what the actual role and function of the two ships are. Currently, I'm making cargo missions with the Convo, which would work a lot better if I knew how to complete the damn tasks. But I digress, if I knew the Convolution's original role, I could better work with it. Based on the fact that four of the Sickle's five weapon slots are devoted to missiles, I'd hazard a guess that it's intended as a mobile medium-size missile platform, but that's just an educated guess.

Anyone mind filling me in on what the ships were designed to do? I'd appreciate it a lot. I'm also wondering what the role of the Goddard is, having seen how insanely huge the thing is and wanting it in the far future. But that's not important, as whatever the Goddard's role is, it must fall into the sub-category of "ship you do not make "your momma" jokes at", which is good enough for me. :wink:

Oh yes, and I had another question about the Convolution. I checked the concept art for it, but was shocked to see that the concept showed a totally different ship. The concepts depict this futuristic shuttle, but the Convolution I'm piloting in-game looks like a mismatched Concorde.

That's all I'm interested in at the moment, anyone who could answer me would be most appreciated. Later!
tiny paintings
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by tiny paintings »

Goddard - Andolian bomber.
Convolution - Unadorned fighter-assult.
Sickle - LIHW interceptor, heavily used by the ISO, thus its commonplace name.

There is a page in the wiki called Vessels & installations (http://vegastrike.sourceforge.net/wiki/ ... tallations) which contains descriptions and roles for all ships and stations. Well, at least it should. It is under construction.

The convolution is being redone. You can see the progress of the new sweet looking ship here:
http://vegastrike.sourceforge.net/forum ... php?t=4043
Pvt Minsk
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Pvt Minsk »

tiny_paintings wrote:Goddard - Andolian bomber.
Convolution - Unadorned fighter-assult.
Sickle - LIHW interceptor, heavily used by the ISO, thus its commonplace name.

There is a page in the wiki called Vessels & installations (http://vegastrike.sourceforge.net/wiki/ ... tallations) which contains descriptions and roles for all ships and stations. Well, at least it should. It is under construction.

The convolution is being redone. You can see the progress of the new sweet looking ship here:
http://vegastrike.sourceforge.net/forum ... php?t=4043
The Sickle is used by Commies, you say?! Fantastic! Due to my political ideology, now I MUST get that ship. For the motherland!

And I did visit the vessels and installations page, but the info there is about as useful as my "Excel for Dummies" book on my shelf. THanks for clearing out the convolution problem though, the new ship is also must-buy for me!
tiny paintings
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by tiny paintings »

Well, all the information I gave you (except for the pending new convolution) came from that page so I guess it must be of some use :)