homeworld scale mod

This is the location for all mods to collaborate. Anyone making or planning their own mod should post help requests, screen shots and news here.

Moderators: Omega, tillias, Mod Contributor

Sryth
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

homeworld scale mod

Post by Sryth »

Its wouldn't have to be based on Homeworld but I would love to build a mod that has the same scale with the massive mothership and capitol ships. I always wondereded what it would look like to fly one of the fighers among a huge battle of motherships and carriers. I also think that it would be pretty cool to be able to go"inside" the carriers and motherships in order to dock and such. From what I have seen of Vega Strike, if you can build the 3d model you can make it work and basically the big ships could be giant models.

If anyone has any ideas or is even working on such a mod please let me know. I know there was a freespace2 mod that was going to be like this but I am not sure whatever happened to it.
etheral walker
Elite
Elite

Post by etheral walker »

On my babylon 5 mod each ship is right scale, so some ships are about 5 km long and some other about 20 meters
I see dead polygons....
Sryth
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

Post by Sryth »

etheral walker wrote:On my babylon 5 mod each ship is right scale, so some ships are about 5 km long and some other about 20 meters
yea b5 is another good one, can you actually go inside the b5 model? That the main thing I am looking to put into a mod, since in the homeworld game the mothership is full of dead space where all the docking and ship construction stuff is. I think it would be awesome to model as much of that as possible..
etheral walker
Elite
Elite

Post by etheral walker »

not into b5 itself, I got too many problems with this polycount monster. But ships with docking systems like warlocks, you can. I made a post about that some months ago, I cannot find it anymore but the image was this one (just note that my technique has evolved since, but this img is a good "concept idea")
I see dead polygons....
etheral walker
Elite
Elite

Post by etheral walker »

I'm not at home for now but tomorow I will try to put a few images of my actual hangars, I just realised that I didn't posted any teaser about them. To have a good idea of how should it look like, just remember the marvellous X-wing alliance, when you drive your ship at low speed to go out of a hangar, when you begin a mission ;)
I see dead polygons....