cant mod

This is the location for all mods to collaborate. Anyone making or planning their own mod should post help requests, screen shots and news here.

Moderators: Omega, tillias, Mod Contributor

Buggy
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

cant mod

Post by Buggy »

could someone make me a mod where i fly that leoarndis ship or whatever its called with the grand gauss guns on it and have it turn as fast as a small capship?
w03
Mercenary
Mercenary

Re: cant mod

Post by w03 »

You don't need to mod to get the Leonidas... ya just need to edit units.csv and master_parts_list.csv.

I'll post the file in an hour or so.

EDIT: Wait... you want it to turn like a small capship? Like the Tesla? That's sort of strange, as they turn pretty slow, but suit yourself.
w03
Mercenary
Mercenary

Post by w03 »

Here's the edited files. If they don't work, pm me.

http://www.filefactory.com/file/a2g3278/n/Leonidas.zip
Buggy
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

Post by Buggy »

thanks and i ment mod as in a change in general to any files.i cant modmyself cuz notepad++ doesnt have any kind of installer.oh and for the turning as fast as a small capship thing i just was being general so it didnt take a hour to turn like normal but didnt do a 360 in 3 seconds ether.edit:also how do i get it to work?i put it in all the right places but i cant figure out how to actualy get the leo.
w03
Mercenary
Mercenary

Post by w03 »

I put it in starships/merchant/light, so you can buy it for 1 credit at the starting planet (and many other places, for that matter).
pheonixstorm
Elite
Elite

Post by pheonixstorm »

Buggy wrote:thanks and i ment mod as in a change in general to any files.i cant modmyself cuz notepad++ doesnt have any kind of installer
no installer?? what OS are you on and what version (notepad++) are you trying to use?? Or more to the point what the hell?? So do you have notepad++ installed or do you just have a copy that is zipped up? :?:
Because of YOU Arbiter, MY kids? can't get enough gas. OR NIPPLE! How does that mkae you feeeel? ~ Halo
Buggy
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

Post by Buggy »

i dont have notepad++ cuz i looked everywhere on the site and its not there i can find the zipped files but idk how to get it to work.
pheonixstorm
Elite
Elite

Post by pheonixstorm »

http://sourceforge.net/projects/notepad-plus/files/

under the main notepad++ site it gives you a download section with a link to grab the installer or zipped file. The link I posted above is that link. There should be one called npp.5.6.6.Installer.exe That is what you download and install. The zip package I havent tried.. it may just be unzip and run since npp doesnt really need to be installed like most apps do. AFAIK it does not make or use any registry entries in windows so it can be installed on a usb key or cd and used.

Speaking of which I think I need to check see if im running 566...
Because of YOU Arbiter, MY kids? can't get enough gas. OR NIPPLE! How does that mkae you feeeel? ~ Halo
Buggy
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

Post by Buggy »

thanks!.....hmmm(edits weapons file and 1 shots a fighter base from 7lm away)
pheonixstorm
Elite
Elite

Post by pheonixstorm »

for editing csv files you might want to use open office instead. Notepad++ is more for editing python script, xml, and other assorted source code