Gravity

This is the location for all mods to collaborate. Anyone making or planning their own mod should post help requests, screen shots and news here.

Moderators: Omega, tillias, Mod Contributor

Anonymouse

Gravity

Post by Anonymouse »

I don't know any programming, but I was thinking a mod that introduces planetary & star gravity wells might be cool. It would be interesting having to orbit and do slingshot maneuvers, and combat would be a whole different animal.

Post by Guest »

(Different Guest)

Anyone _really_ good at maths, then? :D

I've got the feeling that this may require a rebuild of the entire physics engine.
dandandaman
Artisan
Artisan

Post by dandandaman »

if you browse on over to the old sourceforge forums (from the project page)....or get in your time machine and travel back to the earlier incarnations of this forum, then you'll see that the topic of "realistic physics"/"realistic gravity"/"anything more real" has been mooted each and every time by effectively overwhelming opposition ;-)

at the end of the day, if people want it enough, and can find someone willing to do it properly, then you are free to do a mod, but I probably don't think it's going to happen in the main VS data set/source :-)

Dan.a
ATStriker
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

agrav

Post by ATStriker »

i thought it was originally in, but was really really not fun.
-"I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the Flame of Anor. You cannot pass. The dark fire will not avail you, flame of Udun. Go back to the Shadow. You cannot pass!"
dandandaman
Artisan
Artisan

Re: agrav

Post by dandandaman »

ATStriker wrote:i thought it was originally in, but was really really not fun.
well,the physics engine is using newtonian physics.....but most of this is hidden from the pilot by the "ship computer".....

to change this would require 1 - config variable changes and 2 - some source changes ( to get the proper gravity simulation stuff for slingshots etc)

Dan.a
pincushionman
ISO Party Member
ISO Party Member

Post by pincushionman »

I believe the developers of Rylix intend to have those kind of game mechanics.

-pincushionman
Conquer space!
-pincushionman

---------------------------------------

Kansas really is flatter than a pancake!
http://www.improbable.com/airchives/pap ... ansas.html