where is Base.LoadBaseInterface defined?

This is the location for all mods to collaborate. Anyone making or planning their own mod should post help requests, screen shots and news here.

Moderators: Omega, tillias, Mod Contributor

legine
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

where is Base.LoadBaseInterface defined?

Post by legine »

Hello,

What does this thing do? where is it defined? I checked base.h But couldnt find anything with the name. I dont understand. Would be great if someone can help me to understand this. :)
RedAdder
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Re: where is Base.LoadBaseInterface defined?

Post by RedAdder »

check base_util.cpp
ace123
Lead Network Developer
Lead Network Developer

Post by ace123 »

That is the magic function that allows you to create a GUI at any point in the game, which interrupts flight. It's used in mission/main_menu.mission in order to load the main menu screen at startup.

Similar functionality can be accomplished by docking you to a planet or unit, but it gives you less flexibility with what python code gets run, and you have to load an additional unit for it to work.

All the "Base.*" functions are defined in base_util.cpp. The difference between the 'Base' and 'VS' modules is that no functions in Base will work on a multiplayer server.

(I don't think you should worry about multiplayer yet, but custom.py has some functions to allow sending custom messages between the client and the server--look at bases/weapons_lib.py in PrivGold for some examples--and they work in single-player mode as well)
legine
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by legine »

thanks that helps :-)