help a modding noob :(

This is the location for all mods to collaborate. Anyone making or planning their own mod should post help requests, screen shots and news here.

Moderators: Omega, tillias, Mod Contributor

Will00
Just a tourist with a frag'd nav console
Just a tourist with a frag'd nav console

help a modding noob :(

Post by Will00 »

Hey if anyone is interested in building a ship, i have pictures of the design. i have tried to build it myself with no success. if anyone is interested in it please pm or e-mail me at lliw00@yahoo.com Thanks!!
tillias
Black Hole Hunter

Re: help a modding noob :(

Post by tillias »

Will00 wrote:Hey if anyone is interested in building a ship, i have pictures of the design. i have tried to build it myself with no success. if anyone is interested in it please pm or e-mail me at lliw00@yahoo.com Thanks!!
I suggest you to try to modify existing ship before creating your own from scratch. Keep patience, get some skills step by step. And after some time you will realize that your own ship is ready :)

I have tons of unfinished ships, or some that just need some texture editing ;-)
God bless you!
tillias
Black Hole Hunter

Post by tillias »

Or just make your special star base, asteroid, special object like "black hole", defensive platform etc... Why do you want to start from star ship?
Try to make your own specific asteroid, then another one and another...

Get the feeling into your mind that you know all about simple sphere and how to convert it into your own thing... Then make good texture...
And first step in 3d modelling is done!

Make more difficult thing, then another one and another... Get more skills. Use existing models/textures...

And when only you will become professional, try to make star ship or something yours, which is need in flight of thought!

Hope you've understood what I'm talking about ;-)
God bless you!