model forum problems..

Just downloaded Vega Strike and need help? Have a question but don't know where to start? Ask here.
Duality
Daredevil Venturer
Daredevil Venturer

model forum problems..

Post by Duality »

I'm trying to log into the model forums with the user name and password here but I end up getting a wrong password when it comes to logging into the model forums..

anyone getting this problem?
pontiac
Elite
Elite
Location: Far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the Galaxy

Post by pontiac »

Just tried it and i also can't log into the model forum.

Pontiac
ace123
Lead Network Developer
Lead Network Developer

also me

Post by ace123 »

i agree, although I don't make models. It just complains in red text when I click on the EXT button and want to look for new models that somebody else may have made. The log in boxes have the same problem...
Are all of us doing something wrong, or have the model forums been down for a while? :?

Maybe the password is wrong, because at the top of the screen, always see my username and then sfpasswd=[some long hexidecimal number that doesn't look at all like my password].

for example, for me it looks something like:
ttp://vegastrike.sourceforge.net/modelsforum/index.php?sfname=ace123&sfpasswd=1d26c5d23c5ac7f27be7b5691e7546b2
pontiac
Elite
Elite
Location: Far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the Galaxy

Post by pontiac »

the "1d26c5d23c5ac7f27be7b5691e7546b2" may be a hashed/encrypted(one-way) form of the password. It must not look like your real password for security reasons ;-)

Personally i think the database for usernames/password got lost/corrupted/whatever.

Anybody knowing more?

Pontiac
Surfdargent
Developer
Developer

Post by Surfdargent »

Ok, now everyone should be able to log in the models forum again.
But there are still some graphic files missing... some have been deleted apparently. I'll try to copy them back as soon as I can.

But still : every model file was deleted too, so you are all encouraged to put your models back on the forums as soon as you can see everything appears fine again. I have to do some DB cleanup to remove all model records.
electro tech

cool

Post by electro tech »

k i uploaded the aera remakes, the download links work but the pic won't show up for each model unfortunitly....
Surfdargent
Developer
Developer

Post by Surfdargent »

I noticed that not only files were deleted but some parts of the directory tree.
So the pics could not have been uploaded.
If you can, just modify your models on the forum directly and add the pictures again.

I'll try to get the forum fully working by the end of the week.