Problem with sound

Just downloaded Vega Strike and need help? Have a question but don't know where to start? Ask here.
BeholderStar
Atmospheric Pilot
Atmospheric Pilot

Problem with sound

Post by BeholderStar »

OK I used to play this game a very long time ago. I want to play again. However, most sounds don't play anymore (and before you mention the fix that can be donwloaded, it is not working for me.) Maybe because I use windows 10 or the computer itself not supports it. Some sounds can be heard, but they don't include the background music. Mostly the buttons on the keyboard that switching target work, and so does talk from the ai. Some new cargo and spacecraft are available for purchase, but but many ships can still only be hacked in. One of them is the beholder. To bypass the low storage, I hacked the unit file and gave it large storage. This hack is not the reason the sounds don't work. Even with vanilla vega strike, and with the sound fix it doesn't work. I want to play with sound, and it might needing updating. Vega strike appeared not to be updated. Is the team disbanded, last update 2014. I need advice, I only have one computer.
loki1950
The Shepherd

Re: Problem with sound

Post by loki1950 »

The code has not been updated since 2006 so that it works at all is a wonder and the reason for that is that our download for windows included the .dll's that the exe was compiled with as for the sound that can most likely be traced to the very old version of openAL a sound library we used it's API has changed quite a bit since then so again no surprise if it works weirdly that is works at all is the surprise.As for the project as a whole there maybe some activity on Github sure not much here :shock: just beating back the spam I'm not a coder so not much that I can do.

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2