Vegastrike crashes on launch

Just downloaded Vega Strike and need help? Have a question but don't know where to start? Ask here.
VGSailor
Hunter
Hunter

Vegastrike crashes on launch

Post by VGSailor »

Hello,

I have just upgraded my OS from OpenSUSE 11.3 to 13.2. I recompiled vegastrike from the source code, and that seemed to work. When I launch it, however, it crashes out with the following output:

Code: Select all

Registering codec ogg.
 In path /usr/local/bin
Vega Strike  
See http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/gpl.html for license details.

GOT SUBDIR ARG = 
Found MODDIR = /mods
USING HOMEDIR : /home/user/.vegastrike As the home directory 
CONFIGFILE - Found a config file in home directory, using : /home/user/.vegastrike/vegastrike.config
DATADIR - No datadir specified in config file, using ; 
SIMULATION_ATOM: 0.05
MISSION_NAME is empty using : main_menu.mission
running import sys
print sys.path
sys.path = [r"/modules/builtin",r"/modules/quests",r"/modules/missions",r"/modules/ai",r"/modules",r"/bases"] + sys.path
['/usr/lib/python27.zip', '/usr/lib/python2.7/', '/usr/lib/python2.7/plat-linux2', '/usr/lib/python2.7/lib-tk', '/usr/lib/python2.7/lib-old', '/usr/lib/python2.7/lib-dynload']
testing VS randomrunning import sys
print sys.path
['/modules/builtin', '/modules/quests', '/modules/missions', '/modules/ai', '/modules', '/bases', '/usr/lib/python27.zip', '/usr/lib/python2.7/', '/usr/lib/python2.7/plat-linux2', '/usr/lib/python2.7/lib-tk', '/usr/lib/python2.7/lib-old', '/usr/lib/python2.7/lib-dynload']
Inconsistency detected by ld.so: dl-open.c: 678: _dl_open: Assertion `_dl_debug_initialize (0, args.nsid)->r_state == RT_CONSISTENT' failed!
I think it's the "RT_CONSISTENT' failed!" bit at the end that's most significant, but I have DuckDuckGo'ed it and found nothing that seems applicable to my situation. Anyone have any ideas?

Thank you!
ezee
Intrepid Venturer
Intrepid Venturer

Re: Vegastrike crashes on launch

Post by ezee »

Hello !
I made a search with " Assertion `...r_state == RT_CONSISTENT' failed! " and it seem to me that this is a bug in OpenSuse , after the reading of few threads that reports about
that error in redhat too . They say that redhat had it too , it's a problem with threading creation and release in a process , or around that .

You have an exemple or case to refer to for example at that page :
https://www.sourceware.org/bugzilla/sho ... gi?id=4578

But i'm a windows system user only , i can't talk by experience in your case .
What is the VS release number your are building ?
Sources are from the SVN ?

Code: Select all

if (!track.HasWeapons())
            {
                // So what are you going to threaten me with? Exhaustion gas?
                return ThreatLevel::None;
            }
Vegastrike evolved
DEV YOUTUBE CHANNEL
Vegastrike evolved wiki
VGSailor
Hunter
Hunter

Post by VGSailor »

I'm using 0.5.1-r1. I don't remember where I got the source code. It's the same source file I downloaded probably a year ago. It worked just fine before I "upgraded" my operating system.

Anyway, if I am inclined to try this patch, does that mean I have to recompile my glibc?
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

From that bug report it seems to be HW related as well and more common on particular CPUs as for what to do see if the bug is in the SUSE bugzilla if not report it sighting the one on sourceware though they will most likely kick it to the gcc crew ;) recompiling system libraries is an arcane art avoid.

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2