Milspec ships

Just downloaded Vega Strike and need help? Have a question but don't know where to start? Ask here.
anhtarus
Just a tourist with a frag'd nav console
Just a tourist with a frag'd nav console

Milspec ships

Post by anhtarus »

There was mentioned that if you bought a milspec ship, you couln't upgrade weapons and other enhanced specifications because when you pressed the 'repair' button, everything gets reverted back to its original state, i.e. you loose out on all those nice upgrades etc.

Anyway, I found way around this.

Well, I managed to scrounge enough credits together doing cargo runs to finally buy meself a milspec Goddard for a bargain price of 2,400,000
(take and add a few thousand). Standard weapons were ok but she just lacked a few things.

So I took her to a nearby starfortress and requested a few upgrades which includes:
- enhanced thrusters
- inertia compensators
- those engine jet upgrades
- ECM type 3
- Cloaking
- Gun coolers
...a few other things that I can't recal.

I changed the light laser beams for the light ion beams and added some military grade antimatter guns for the particle beams.
I also replaced some of the standard 'friend or foe' missiles with a host of the other missiles.
All in all, she was decked out mean and nasty with the best weapons and upgrades I could find in the Confed sectors of space.

Then what?

From then on, I never pressed the 'repair' button again. If the repair button was presssed, all the guns and missiles reverted back to its orignal load. The extra modification to the ship actually stayed even if repai was done.

Then what exactly if is the need for the 'minor repair' button? If it is to add more fuel, then all you need to do is buy the fuel mannually. I don;t know exactly what else that 'repair minor' button does, but if armour and fuel ran low, I found I could just go and buy those items manually and things were repaired.

There are a few things i could't upgrade for the ship like shields, reactors engines and scanners, but hey, the standard stuff for the ship is cool already.

So all in all, I am quite happy with the Goddard and its upgrades. Cloaking is fantastic because you just pop in, shoot the hell out of the target ship, then decloak and get da hell outta the fire fight. Without auto tracking, I couln't hit sheit... hihihihih
hellcatv
Developer
Developer

Post by hellcatv »

thanks for the bug report--I thought I dealt with this but apparently not.
Vega Strike Lead Developer
http://vegastrike.sourceforge.net/