Not sure if bugs or wrong settings...

Just downloaded Vega Strike and need help? Have a question but don't know where to start? Ask here.
Blackbeard
Merchant
Merchant

Not sure if bugs or wrong settings...

Post by Blackbeard »

Hi all, long time no see... been getting busier and busier. :?

However, I've had a bit of spare time recently, and decided to get back into playing VS. :) In the process, I've noticed a couple of things that aren't right; but I'm not sure if they're bugs, or whether I need to change something in the .config files... Anyway, to get to the point:

First thing, auto-tracking beams won't do any damage unless the beam mount[\b] is pointing directly[\b] at the target. All very well in a small ship, but when you have spent 18.5 million on a Vigilance, only to find that the Relativistic Particle Beams are all but useless because you can't have more than one doing any damage to the target, this becomes more than a mere nuisance... I've been destroyed many times attempting simple bounty missions.

Second, during my travels I decided to try out a Confed Lancelot Milspec. All very nice, but the package comes with no reactor, and buying one makes no difference whatsoever. I tried editing the Milspec package in units.csv, which... didn't end well. I forgot to make a backup copy of units.csv, and somehow stuffed something up; consequently I no longer have a working version of Vega Strike. :( (Anyone have a working copy of units.csv? Pretty please... :) )

Thirdly, I couldn't tractor in pilots on rescue missions. I thought this had been fixed? I know when I used to play on Windows (I now use Mageia 3), the rescue missions worked fine. I searched the forums, but couldn't find anything which helped.

Anyway, I really enjoyed playing the game again (until I wrecked it :oops: ), and I hope that a solution can be found.

Regards,
Blackbeard
TBeholder
Elite Venturer
Elite Venturer

Re: Not sure if bugs or wrong settings...

Post by TBeholder »

The easiest way is to download units.csv from repository - versions before CSV split.
And yeah, packages were a mess, which is why the split eliminated them as such.
"Two Eyes Good, Eleven Eyes Better." -Michele Carter