dgn in dodos behaving badly

Just downloaded Vega Strike and need help? Have a question but don't know where to start? Ask here.
Zelmo

dgn in dodos behaving badly

Post by Zelmo »

Why do the dgn have the uncanny ability to predict where I'm going, get there before me, and have a heavy tractor beam trained on my ship as I arrive? They don't use anything except the tractor beam so it's not like they're trying to kill me. It's like they are playing ping pong with me.

Once they've found me, I can't go anywhere in the system without them greeting me with a tractor beam. It's not a big deal in a ship like the goddard, but I prefer smaller fighters and light bombers.

It really detracts from the game for me. Is there a reason for this behavior?
peteyg
Elite
Elite

Post by peteyg »

If an AI ship is out to get you, and you jump away... they can find you, jump to YOU, and begin shooting in the blink of an eye. The same thing probably happens with all the other enemy flightgroups you run away from, you just don't notice as quick since most ships don't carry beam weapons.

The solution to this, in my opinion, would be a redoing of how ships travel quickly inside a star system... which has been discussed a fair bit amongst us forum goers.
philc
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

Post by philc »

I think Zelmo's main problem was being hit by the tractor beam and not being able to hit those dodos. I have the same problem and sometimes even got accelerated to 20000.

Btw, does the tractor beam actually care about weight and power of the engines of both ships?
Zelmo

Post by Zelmo »

Umm... Maybe a sensor adjustment? If radar lock is broken by the target jumping away it would take longer to re-locate the target, re-lock and start shooting. Maybe enough time for a quick pilot to make an escape? It seems to me that running away to fight another day should be an available option. Maybe even for the AI ships?