Few queries

Just downloaded Vega Strike and need help? Have a question but don't know where to start? Ask here.
celticfang
Atmospheric Pilot
Atmospheric Pilot

Few queries

Post by celticfang »

I've been playing around with the latest build and I don't get a few things.

First, I got a jump drive and checked out all the bases in the starting system. At the fighter barracks, I saw they were (supposedly) selling a Milspec Vigilance, yet there was no buy button for that, or any other ship. I'd gone and got enough credits for any ship in that base, and tested it out on other planets, but no luck at the fighter barracks in the starting system. Is the ship allotment on a base random or is there some underlying consistent factor, like a certain planet type will ALWAYS be working toward making or breaking down a certain ship type to get the materials?

Next up, I accidentally managed to hit a merchant while going after pirates, now both are angry at me....which as you can imagine, isn't ideal. Any decent way to fix it? (beside spamming nice talk over and over)
klauss
Elite
Elite

Re: Few queries

Post by klauss »

celticfang wrote:I've been playing around with the latest build and I don't get a few things.

First, I got a jump drive and checked out all the bases in the starting system. At the fighter barracks, I saw they were (supposedly) selling a Milspec Vigilance, yet there was no buy button for that, or any other ship. I'd gone and got enough credits for any ship in that base, and tested it out on other planets, but no luck at the fighter barracks in the starting system. Is the ship allotment on a base random or is there some underlying consistent factor, like a certain planet type will ALWAYS be working toward making or breaking down a certain ship type to get the materials?
There's a pattern, but it's also randomized a bit. Check often, they might restock.
celticfang wrote:Next up, I accidentally managed to hit a merchant while going after pirates, now both are angry at me....which as you can imagine, isn't ideal. Any decent way to fix it? (beside spamming nice talk over and over)
Only thing you can do is either kill its enemies, like pirates or luddites, or spam them with apologies (friendly message times a thousand).
Oíd mortales, el grito sagrado...
Call me "Menes, lord of Cats"
Wing Commander Universe