Docking in orbit?????

Just downloaded Vega Strike and need help? Have a question but don't know where to start? Ask here.
solicitr
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

Docking in orbit?????

Post by solicitr »

OK, this may be a bug or I may just be doing something wrong. Now all 3 of my missions are impossible to complete, because they each call for cargo deliveries to ships. Problem is, each ship is in orbit, and apparently within the planet's docking range. So even though I properly request docking permission for the ship, and the green squares come up, and the HUD indicator reflects the range and "OK" correctly for the ship- when I fly into the docking square and hit D, I wind up on the planet! More confusing, the "Visit Yeoman X" instruction turns green as if I had completed the task, but the mission cargo remains resolutely in my hold and the mission doesn't clear from my list.

What's going on?? How do I land on the ship where I'm supposed to be?
pheonixstorm
Elite
Elite

Re: Docking in orbit?????

Post by pheonixstorm »

Try to get within 500 meters of the docking square of the ship. I think it you have the ship targeted and are within range it should work. The biggest thing is to make sure the ship is the target.. beyond that I have no idea... Think its a bug.
Because of YOU Arbiter, MY kids? can't get enough gas. OR NIPPLE! How does that mkae you feeeel? ~ Halo
solicitr
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

Post by solicitr »

Thanks, but doesn't work. Even at 0.00 meters at a dead stop, I still wind up on the planet. There's a bug thread on this elsewhere: http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=de ... tid=119507. It could be a result of the change in V 0.5 which moved the planetary docking distance out farther- now those orbiting ships are inside the zone.

Now- is there any way I can clear these impossible missions (the game needs an "abort mission" key)? Right now I'm totally stuck, unless I want to just schlep spec cargo around in my poky Llama until whenever the missions go away on their own for non-completion. (a savefile edit method would be fine).
klauss
Elite
Elite

Post by klauss »

solicitr wrote: Now- is there any way I can clear these impossible missions (the game needs an "abort mission" key)? Right now I'm totally stuck, unless I want to just schlep spec cargo around in my poky Llama until whenever the missions go away on their own for non-completion. (a savefile edit method would be fine).
There should be an abort key on the mission computer already.
Oíd mortales, el grito sagrado...
Call me "Menes, lord of Cats"
Wing Commander Universe
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

What that means in game terms is once you have docked on the planet go to the mission computer interface there select the mission that you want to abort and click on the abort button so no file editing ;)

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2
solicitr
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

Post by solicitr »

Thanks, after I posted I found the "abort" key. But it's also the case that one can avoid the mission-failure penalty by quitting and restaRting-- apparently the mission 'module' just specifies the system, and the specific destination planet/base/ship is generated randomly.

But the docking-in-orbit bug still needs attention.