Unable to start new game?

Just downloaded Vega Strike and need help? Have a question but don't know where to start? Ask here.
Bryan334
Explorer
Explorer

Unable to start new game?

Post by Bryan334 »

I'm on Ubuntu 11.10 if it helps. My problem is that when I click on campaign it will take me to a game that I previously saved and won't start a new campaign. I think it was because I accidentally saved my previous campaign to a file called New Game, I'm not sure. I tried to see if there was a folder where user info is saved (with saved game data etc.). I later tried un-installing and re-installing Vega strike (by deleting the vegastrike folder) but my saved games are still there :shock: Sorry if I'm not seeing the obvious.. Thanks for the help, God bless.
klauss
Elite
Elite

Re: Unable to start new game?

Post by klauss »

You have to delete ~/.vegastrike/save/New_Game and ~/.vegastrike/serialized_xml/New_Game (or rename them), and you'll be good to go.
Oíd mortales, el grito sagrado...
Call me "Menes, lord of Cats"
Wing Commander Universe
Bryan334
Explorer
Explorer

Re: Unable to start new game?

Post by Bryan334 »

klauss wrote:You have to delete ~/.vegastrike/save/New_Game and ~/.vegastrike/serialized_xml/New_Game (or rename them), and you'll be good to go.
Those directories aren't in my vegastrike folder. The only "New_Game" file I can find is directly in "/vegastrike/New_Game". (I tried renaming that file like you said to no effect) And I can't find a file named serialized_xml.
**Update** It was a hidden folder.. But the files you mentioned are not there. There is a save.txt file in there but it was no help.