Outrageous weaponry on attackers.

Just downloaded Vega Strike and need help? Have a question but don't know where to start? Ask here.
ddt
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

Outrageous weaponry on attackers.

Post by ddt »

Found a NEW problem/bug.
I'm INSIDE a "mining base" in Exile, 1 Admonisher fired ONLY 4 shots at me with me INSIDE the base and destroyed VIII shield, tungston armor, and KILLED me before I could get turned around and launch my "Llama!!!!"

I can NOT find ANY weapon capable of THAT on the "master list!" OR that will go on an admonisher.
It fires THROUGH the base, and only takes 4 hits to destroy a ship, apparently WITHOUT damaging the base!

I also get credited with deaths in MY vicinity when I was "running for it"; and had NOT fired a shot!
Gungnir
Mercenary
Mercenary

Re: Outrageous weaponry on attackers.

Post by Gungnir »

Admonishers can have torpedoes; one torpedo could easily kill your shields, armor, and ship with a huge amount of power to spare. Your ship has around 5.4K Mj of shields and armor, and a torp can deal 1.25M Mj. I'm not sure if the AI is allowed to use those on small ships, but if it is (or if there's an AI bug), that is a very likely culprit. Also, there are a ton of weapons that can do that; Grand Gauss, P-, Icepick, Capship missiles, and Adv. Torps, to name a few of the bigger ones (even a Shield Breaker [heavy beam] could do that in a second or two).

A good way to avoid this problem is to not make that faction hate you, at least not until you have the skills and upgrades to fend them off. Also, you can always kill Pirates and Luddites; that makes most people like you.
~Gungnir
segfault wrote:if I was actually in space I'd totally be throwing on autopilot and relaxing in the back during the trip, sipping space wine and listening (rlaan?) jazz.
Rig: i5 2500k @ 5ghz, 2x OCZ Agility 3 120gb SSD boot drives, AMD Radeon HD 7950 @ 1100/1575 (Catalyst 12.1 Linux and 12.3 Windows), dual-boot Fedora 16 KDE and Windows 7 Pro
Benison
Merchant
Merchant

Post by Benison »

ive got 1shotted by npcs plenty of times by now.
im not sure if its torpedoes they spam at ya but its gotta be some sort of missile weapon with a "low visual signature", at least i couldnt make out any shots being fired at me at none of those events.
its odd that they keep firing at you after docking tho. ~~
im used to get my ass handed AFTER i dock off but that ones new, lol.

as for the pirates: yeah those are a great way to improve your standings with lots of fractions.
i never couldnt figure out how to make forsaken stop hating me tho. -.-

btw, does anyone know if this pirate vessel you can buy of their mining bases is worth the hassle of achieving a non-agression status with the pirates?
Gungnir
Mercenary
Mercenary

Post by Gungnir »

Benison wrote: i never couldnt figure out how to make forsaken stop hating me tho. -.-

I just let the Forsaken and ULN hate me; they dan't do anything for the most part, and the occasional Forsaken Thales is fun to play around with. Killing Luddites would help with them, though.
~Gungnir
segfault wrote:if I was actually in space I'd totally be throwing on autopilot and relaxing in the back during the trip, sipping space wine and listening (rlaan?) jazz.
Rig: i5 2500k @ 5ghz, 2x OCZ Agility 3 120gb SSD boot drives, AMD Radeon HD 7950 @ 1100/1575 (Catalyst 12.1 Linux and 12.3 Windows), dual-boot Fedora 16 KDE and Windows 7 Pro
TBeholder
Elite Venturer
Elite Venturer

Post by TBeholder »

A torpedo has explosion radius 200 meters. It can get you inside a mining base hangar easily. The base will not be amused either (it's all its shield, all its armor and over 1/3 of its hull - outrageous is the word), but hey... :twisted: Though you still should have missile lock warning if the missile launch was more than 1 second (default "locklight_time") before explosion.
As to other good weapons, there's Ktek beam that does 2x more damage than Shield Breaker. Which still isn't as half nasty as Ktek bolt. RoF is higher by 1/3 and damage higher by half than Razor's, for grand total of 2x more unpleasantness per time unit per mount.
"Two Eyes Good, Eleven Eyes Better." -Michele Carter
Gungnir
Mercenary
Mercenary

Post by Gungnir »

Turbo Beholder wrote: As to other good weapons, there's Ktek beam that does 2x more damage than Shield Breaker. Which still isn't as half nasty as Ktek bolt. RoF is higher by 1/3 and damage higher by half than Razor's, for grand total of 2x more unpleasantness per time unit per mount.
Speaking of which, where would one find Kteks? I suddenly have an urge to try them out on some pirates... :twisted:
~Gungnir
TBeholder
Elite Venturer
Elite Venturer

Post by TBeholder »

... 2xReaper one-shot nullifies shield V, 2x Photon-1 shield VI.
Gungnir wrote:Speaking of which, where would one find Kteks? I suddenly have an urge to try them out on some pirates... :twisted:
On Rlaan bases and planets, of course. That's where they sell Taizong, too. :)
I found out that 1 Ktek-beam + 1 heavy laser (with autotracking) is a killer combo, BTW.
Lasers in base damage are weaker than Ion Burster or Pugilist, but good range and shield penetration allows to snipe gnats before anything they can carry can hit (except missiless, but lasers help there too) or quickly remove turrets from capships no matter how good their shields are, while Ktek-beam crushes almost anything close up in a reasonable time without being as slow and quickly dissipating as Ktek-bolt. And is more power-efficient even at point-blank (7 vs 4 VDU/100MJ).
"Two Eyes Good, Eleven Eyes Better." -Michele Carter