Win7+Vegastrike0.5.0 game load problem in fullscreen mode

Just downloaded Vega Strike and need help? Have a question but don't know where to start? Ask here.
dennis24
Just a tourist with a frag'd nav console

Win7+Vegastrike0.5.0 game load problem in fullscreen mode

Post by dennis24 »

Hi,

the short summary of my computer is:
  • System Information
    Operating System: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit (6.1, Build 7600) (7600.win7_gdr.100618-1621)
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 860 @ 2.80GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.8GHz
    Available OS Memory: 8190MB RAM
    DirectX Version: DirectX 11

Display Devices
    Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460
    Display Memory: 4062 MB
    Current Mode: 1920 x 1080 (32 bit) (60Hz)
    Monitor Name: PnP-Monitor (Standard)
    Monitor Model: SMBX2450
    Driver File Version: 8.17.0012.6089 (English)
    Driver Version: 8.17.12.6089
When I try to start vegastrike 0.5.0 in full screen mode then I see only some seconds a splash screen, the Loading progress until the file Blast0050.png and then again my desktop.
The music is still playing. Also the VS icon in the task bar is visible. If I click on it the monitor jumps to a black screen and then back to the desktop.
In this situation I kill the soundserver.exe*32 and the vegastrike executable via the task manager.
If I change the color to 32bit windowed mode via the Vega Strike Setup I can start and play the game.

Do you know something about this?
What can I do to play in fullscreen mode?
Do you have any ideas to this?

Thank you and kind regards
Dennis
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
pheonixstorm
Elite
Elite

Re: Win7+Vegastrike0.5.0 game load problem in fullscreen mode

Post by pheonixstorm »

So far VS in win64 seems to be hit or miss. The latest SVN for some reason doesn't want to work and compiling a 64bit exe hasn't worked, at least for shelne who is the only one who has tried so far.

I am behind on my workload but will try to get a working win64 exe before the end of the month. If you have already check out the svn copy of vegastrike and see how that works for you. Directions on how to do that are in the wiki.
Because of YOU Arbiter, MY kids? can't get enough gas. OR NIPPLE! How does that mkae you feeeel? ~ Halo
dennis24

Re: Win7+Vegastrike0.5.0 game load problem in fullscreen mode

Post by dennis24 »

Hi,

I found the reason but I have no explanation for that.

It is my Firefox.

If the Firefox is running then I can not start the game.
Then - reproducible - the game starts and stops after the loading of Blast0050.png.
If I close the - pinned to the task bar - Firefox I can return to the game and I am in the Main menu (so I can start a game).
If I do not close Firefox it is not possible to start the game in full screen mode.

Why this game runs in windowed mode with running Firefox? I do not know too.

So the solution for me is: do not start the game if Firefox is running too. Sounds strange, but that's how it is. (Klingt komisch, ist aber so.)

Regards
Dennis