Help needed!

Just downloaded Vega Strike and need help? Have a question but don't know where to start? Ask here.
ponssebas
Trader
Trader

Help needed!

Post by ponssebas »

Hi, I had a sweet cargo run through 3 different Commercial Centers, and all of a sudden they are gone!! I think that some stations are also gone. Is this normal? I haven't seen any abnormal activity military or otherwise, which brings me to think that maybe it is a corrupted file. That being the case, is there a way to restore it? Or my game is messed up for good?
Thank you
sebaspons
CLoneWolf
ISO Party Member
ISO Party Member

Re: Help needed!

Post by CLoneWolf »

I don't know why it happens, but I can confirm you that it sometimes happens.
Loading a saved game, with the help of a jurassic pc like mine that induces relatively slow load times, I could notice that the universe generation step was being done again, like when you start a new game; in that case, let alone the hard-coded systems like Cephid-17, all the stations and flight groups had been recreated.

I don't know if it's a bug or a feature, but even if your previous universe is lost (unless you backed it up) the game is still perfectly playable. "It's life. But not as we know it." :mrgreen:
ponssebas
Trader
Trader

Post by ponssebas »

Well, this is certainly a show stopper! :o

If I can still play the game, it is a plus. But, does the game generate Commercial Centers somewhere else to compensate? Or, are there more CC anywhere, as in are ALL gone?

This is really embracing the difference! :roll:

Now I'll have to find a new income source.... any ideas?
S.
CLoneWolf
ISO Party Member
ISO Party Member

Post by CLoneWolf »

For what I've seen, every regeneration is random, but the generation code appears to act always within reasonable limits, so that there's always enough of everything. You just don't know where until you explore it again; so the idea is the simplest: explore :mrgreen:

I know the feeling of loss for what you had discovered, but take this as an opportunity to keep you far from boredom as there are more new things to discover ;)
ponssebas
Trader
Trader

Post by ponssebas »

You were right CLone Wolf!
I found other CC, but looking for a profitable place to sell My wares, i landed on a Star Fortress and now I can't get out. :shock: ... Thanks God I saved the game beforehand because when I try to get out I apparently bump against the Station and blow up :oops:
Is there a way to slip out?, Or shall I keep on trying until that by chance a break free?
Thank you
sebaspons
CLoneWolf
ISO Party Member
ISO Party Member

Post by CLoneWolf »

ponssebas wrote:I found other CC, but looking for a profitable place to sell My wares, i landed on a Star Fortress and now I can't get out. :shock: [...]Is there a way to slip out?, Or shall I keep on trying until that by chance a break free?
Thank you
sebaspons
Well, the only real "trap" base I found was the asteroid fighter base; when undocking you'd get spawned inside the model's "belly", which is not really connected to the tunnel leading out; by that time, I tried (very briefly) to hack the savegame to alter my position in space, hoping to spawn outside the model, but either it wasn't possible or I changed the values too little (I had thought of changing system completely but didn't really try that).

But if you really are inside a starfortress, am I right supposing it's the (Rlaan ?) one, made of a pyramid inside a pyramid, with the inner one's opening on the opposite side of the outer one's?
In that case, the way out is the same as the way in, but lighting and textures don't really help much spotting it (at least in my jurassic no-shader case :roll: ); but armed with an extra shot of determination, I once managed to get out... never to land on one again, ditto for the asteroid fighter base ;)
ponssebas
Trader
Trader

Post by ponssebas »

Yea, the Rlaan one, and thank you for your info on the Starfortress! I also found a gas mine where also is difficult to break free...

Anyway, I might have figured out how to do it (but I'll never try it again :x )
Before clicking on the ship to undock, make sure the throttle is set at 0. As soon as you have back your cockpit, set the ship to travel "y", press shift A, and at the same time set your throttle to full.
I made it with a light dent, I assume, but the Station didn't consider me an enemy so all is well, but I'm never landing there again :oops:

Thank you again
S.
CLoneWolf
ISO Party Member
ISO Party Member

Post by CLoneWolf »

Nice trick! Thank you too for the good discover! :mrgreen: