Computer crashes on game start up

Just downloaded Vega Strike and need help? Have a question but don't know where to start? Ask here.
mangone1
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

Computer crashes on game start up

Post by mangone1 »

Every time i try to start the game my computer brings up a blue screen saying that windows has encountered a problem and had to shut down. I had this game on my old computer so I dont know why its not working on my somewhat newer computer.
Gungnir
Mercenary
Mercenary

Re: Computer crashes on game start up

Post by Gungnir »

mangone1 wrote:Every time i try to start the game my computer brings up a blue screen saying that windows has encountered a problem and had to shut down. I had this game on my old computer so I dont know why its not working on my somewhat newer computer.
What are your computer's specs? Also, what version of VS (SVN or stable) and what version of Windows (XP, Vista, or 7) are you using?
~Gungnir
segfault wrote:if I was actually in space I'd totally be throwing on autopilot and relaxing in the back during the trip, sipping space wine and listening (rlaan?) jazz.
Rig: i5 2500k @ 5ghz, 2x OCZ Agility 3 120gb SSD boot drives, AMD Radeon HD 7950 @ 1100/1575 (Catalyst 12.1 Linux and 12.3 Windows), dual-boot Fedora 16 KDE and Windows 7 Pro
mangone1
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

Post by mangone1 »

I have windows xp home edition on a dell 4700 with 4 ghz processor, a radeon x300 video card and 1gb of ram. I have the stable version.
pheonixstorm
Elite
Elite

Post by pheonixstorm »

Did you get a chance to read any of the BSoD msg? Could be the game is aggitating some bad hardware or you could be using the cube map graphics items with a non cube map enabled exe... Is this a straight download from the sourceforge page or did you grab part or all of it off the svn?
Because of YOU Arbiter, MY kids? can't get enough gas. OR NIPPLE! How does that mkae you feeeel? ~ Halo
mangone1
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

Post by mangone1 »

Yes I got it straight from the sourceforge.
mangone1
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

Post by mangone1 »

And if it will help I can post a DxDiag of my computer.
klauss
Elite
Elite

Post by klauss »

Actually, no amount of userspace (ie: normal program) misbehavior should bring a BSoD on a properly configured and healthy system.

So you should start looking for something wrong in the OS itself: bad or old drivers, for instance.

ATI has some bugs on its drivers that you can work around by disabling shaders with vssetup, BTW, so you can try that too.
Oíd mortales, el grito sagrado...
Call me "Menes, lord of Cats"
Wing Commander Universe