How do I communicate and calm down other ships? (Mac OS 10.5

Just downloaded Vega Strike and need help? Have a question but don't know where to start? Ask here.
Serge_Llama
Insys Pilot
Insys Pilot

How do I communicate and calm down other ships? (Mac OS 10.5

Post by Serge_Llama »

Hi!

This is a fantastic game, about all I have ever dreamt!

There is one thing I can't find out: How do I communicate and calm down other ships?

I do press 0 or 1 to calm down ships looking for troubles but it doesn't work: they're boiling up and finally attacking me without I can do anything be getting involved in a long and expensive fight.

Can someone help me out?
Gungnir
Mercenary
Mercenary

Re: How do I communicate and calm down other ships? (Mac OS 10.5

Post by Gungnir »

Serge_Llama wrote:Hi!

This is a fantastic game, about all I have ever dreamt!

There is one thing I can't find out: How do I communicate and calm down other ships?

I do press 0 or 1 to calm down ships looking for troubles but it doesn't work: they're boiling up and finally attacking me without I can do anything be getting involved in a long and expensive fight.

Can someone help me out?
Well, many of the VS factions have incredibly complicated relations with each other; just make sure you don't shoot or hit a friendly. Also, the F1-F4 keys can help out; F1 is the most friendly message, F4 is the most hostile one. It's also a good idea to kill pirates and luddites, especially luddites.
~Gungnir
segfault wrote:if I was actually in space I'd totally be throwing on autopilot and relaxing in the back during the trip, sipping space wine and listening (rlaan?) jazz.
Rig: i5 2500k @ 5ghz, 2x OCZ Agility 3 120gb SSD boot drives, AMD Radeon HD 7950 @ 1100/1575 (Catalyst 12.1 Linux and 12.3 Windows), dual-boot Fedora 16 KDE and Windows 7 Pro
klauss
Elite
Elite

Re: How do I communicate and calm down other ships? (Mac OS 10.5

Post by klauss »

Also, a single friendly message does very little. You have to litterally spam them. It takes some time to calm the guys down.
Oíd mortales, el grito sagrado...
Call me "Menes, lord of Cats"
Wing Commander Universe
Serge_Llama
Insys Pilot
Insys Pilot

Re: How do I communicate and calm down other ships? (Mac OS

Post by Serge_Llama »

Thanks Guys.