VegaStrike Server

Just downloaded Vega Strike and need help? Have a question but don't know where to start? Ask here.
owen_a
Explorer
Explorer

VegaStrike Server

Post by owen_a »

Hello!

I've just ran VegaStrike Server, and I've connected to my server using the client via: "Multiplayer > Independant Server" and when I choose a ship and then press ok, It gives me the following error...

Error when logging into the game with this ship!

Could anybody tell me what I've done wrong, or what I need to do?

Thanks!
klauss
Elite
Elite

Re: VegaStrike Server

Post by klauss »

The games needs an account manager, I'm not sure how that works, but IIRC, there was a python script that you could run that implemented the manager.

Sorry, that's the extent of my knowledge on multiplayer. Perhaps someone else has more info.
Oíd mortales, el grito sagrado...
Call me "Menes, lord of Cats"
Wing Commander Universe
owen_a
Explorer
Explorer

Post by owen_a »

Oh right..... Is there any wiki's tutorials or anything showing me anything about the VegaStrike Server?
ace123
Lead Network Developer
Lead Network Developer

Post by ace123 »

If you're using independent server, you don't need an account manager.
There's an albeit short section (6.1) in the Vega_String_Players_Guide.pdf which should be in the data directory.

I think it requires a username that's not blank, so check that you typed something into the callsign box. Password should be blank unless you configured the server to have one.

Otherwise, that error means that either the server doesn't understand the ship you chose, for example if the server's data directory is different from the client's.