hide and seek with mouse pointer...

Just downloaded Vega Strike and need help? Have a question but don't know where to start? Ask here.
raven35125
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

hide and seek with mouse pointer...

Post by raven35125 »

Allo everyone. Just installed v0.5.0 and it seems to work fine with all the options in windows xp, but the mouse cursor is invisible. It's there in the main menu and disappears when I start a campaign. Checked all available areas of the concourse, hangar, computer terminals, etc. and no luck. I searched the forums and the issue has apparently come up before with a solution which wasn't specified in the posts. Tried different resolutions, refresh rates, editing config files, all with no luck. I had the same problem with v0.4.3 and just used the hardware cursor. 0.5.0's setup gui doesn't seem to have this option. I got hooked on v0.4.3 and love what little I've seen of v0.5.0 so i'd really like to fix this. Does anyone know what to do? Or at least how to activate the hardware cursor? I'd really appreciate a point in the right direction. Thanks!
klauss
Elite
Elite

Re: hide and seek with mouse pointer...

Post by klauss »

Did you try navigating with the right mouse button?

It moves your pointer from hotspot to hotspot, and it might make your mouse pointer reappear.
Oíd mortales, el grito sagrado...
Call me "Menes, lord of Cats"
Wing Commander Universe
raven35125
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

Post by raven35125 »

No problem while in the concourse. I even find it easier to use rmb because I don't have to look for the locations. It's the computer terminals and nav computer that are so frustrating. The rmb doesn't seem to work there. It's virtually imposssible to save a game and trading is an exercise in patience. The config file has a setting for hardware cursor but it doesn't respond to setting values to "true". Did i get a bad download or something? The rest of the game works beautifully. Any ideas?
stderr.txt
stdout.txt
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
klauss
Elite
Elite

Post by klauss »

Are you running in windowed mode?
Oíd mortales, el grito sagrado...
Call me "Menes, lord of Cats"
Wing Commander Universe
raven35125
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

Post by raven35125 »

GOT IT!!! Like most solutions, it was painfully obvious... I forgot to update my drivers after that last system restore. The old driver didn't fully support opengl. Menus and cursors are fully functional. Now that i've made a complete ass of myself, I can go enjoy the game. Thanks very much for your help. See you around the boards.