Newb needs a hand. No text in game.

Just downloaded Vega Strike and need help? Have a question but don't know where to start? Ask here.
idreamt...
Atmospheric Pilot
Atmospheric Pilot

Newb needs a hand. No text in game.

Post by idreamt... »

Hi everyone,
Impressive game so far, but I'm really not very far at all actually. I reconfigured my controller, which was previously a task above my head. But I've realized there is no text in any of the menus or the game, making gameplay completely impossible. I have no idea what is what or what means what. I'm running on mac OS X. Is there a setting I'm missing? Or a bug?

Any help would be great.
-REBEL3-
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Re: Newb needs a hand. No text in game.

Post by -REBEL3- »

Hi, and welcome to the Vega Strike community. :D

The missing text sounds like some kind of a bug to me. Since you are new, I bet you haven't done any modding/hacking/whatever. I am also running OS X, and have had no problems like this. You might want to submit it to the bug reporting section (if you haven't already.)

You also might want to check what kind of graphics card you have. It SHOULD work, but... :?

~R3
Sarin
Mercenary
Mercenary

Post by Sarin »

VERY longhot, but...missing font?
klauss
Elite
Elite

Post by klauss »

Every time you have a problem with graphics, the first thing to try is to update your graphics drivers.

Although, mind you, it's not always completely safe, read the instructions well and be ready to undo in case of trouble. Having said that, I seldom have any problems when updating my drivers, but trouble is a possibility.
Oíd mortales, el grito sagrado...
Call me "Menes, lord of Cats"
Wing Commander Universe