Navigation Question

Just downloaded Vega Strike and need help? Have a question but don't know where to start? Ask here.
Knight Rider
Merchant
Merchant

Navigation Question

Post by Knight Rider »

Can anyone direct me to a thread or give a good run down on how to map systems effectively in your navigation. Is there a feature that will automatically map out all jump points to your destination, similar to what you see, when you accept missions?

Thanks.
JsnMtth
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Re: Navigation Question

Post by JsnMtth »

There is from your nav console <something>+m perhaps shift. But I couldn't figure it out :(

It's in the players guide
CLoneWolf
ISO Party Member
ISO Party Member

Post by CLoneWolf »

If you access the map (either in 2d or 3d) on your navcomp (shift-m as JnsMtth said), click on your destination system and click on Target Selected; the path will be highlighted in red. You will get no HUD reminder like in missions, and if your memory sucks like mine you'll have to switch the navcomp many times between jumps, but it's still much better than nothing :mrgreen:

Actually, a few times I was also able to us the real navcomp feature, searching for a destination by name/sector; that's even handier as you can save many search results, but I seem to never remember the correct procedure, so the successful attempts were few and far between :roll:

Then, as someone once said, "When everything else fails, read the instructions"; I think I should really do that someday :mrgreen:
Turbo
ISO Party Member
ISO Party Member

Post by Turbo »

CLoneWolf wrote:Then, as someone once said, "When everything else fails, read the instructions"; I think I should really do that someday :mrgreen:
The reason I never figured out the nav computer is because, to quote the MoI when he was discussing a different topic, "One rather wishes the wiki's search function wasn't broken."
Turbo

There are two speeds in combat: stopped, and as fast as you can go. Unless you run into something, going fast keeps you alive more often than stopping.