...and now what?

Just downloaded Vega Strike and need help? Have a question but don't know where to start? Ask here.
skywalk69er
Insys Pilot
Insys Pilot

...and now what?

Post by skywalk69er »

Hi, I am a newbie

Well, I may start saying that at the beginning after a couple hours playing I was about to give up, I had so many problems with the llama loaded with heavy metals the inertia and all of that... but I'm stubborn so I really paid attention to the wiki manual, and the searching in forum.

Thanks for the various help on the forum, the vstrade really give the edge, and this http://vegastrike.sourceforge.net/forum ... 70#p107970 and this http://vegastrike.sourceforge.net/forum ... =19&t=14091

So, now I'm filthy rich after like 3 days playing, and now what?

I mean, the alternatives are keep trading, or buy a ship full load of weapon and go hunting pirates, luddites... maybe there is a path to be a planet owner a fleet commander or something like that which I don't know yet? I've been focusing in only trading, not fighting (well i did burst a couple of hyenas pirates who wanted to screw me, with heatseeking missiles)

I hope no one takes this on the wrong way, I'm not complaining, I just would like some guidelines to the future.

I started with the llama, first doing oceanic food to arid, then recycling tanks to arid, keep going with it, landscaping... until I came to 10 millions , bougth AI cores form commerce to Ice, with the first one I bought my Franklin (now who cares of inertia anymore), and I been moving AI to Ice since then, well I tried buying an Ox and a ploughsdale for automatic factories to arid, but is much faster the AI to Ice, i found a system with several commerce centers and I became rich like Cresus

I would like to know where can I buy a Clydesdale, someone said that in ice or trantor planets, but I've visited several several times, reloading, and nothing. I bought and Ox although, it manages like a brick (so the Clydesdale I heard), but I would like to pack it with weapons and see what he can do. i have to find a couple of razors for my Franklin, as I don't like much the disruptor. also probably i'm missing using a cloak, but as i cannot go to Aeran space, where could I get one? (i have been moving around arcturus, so pretty close to the star system, is there any good supplies around there?)

Now what, buy a dostoievsky or a Goddard pack it with weapons and start hunting? get a Clydesdale and whip'em out? what am I missing in the universe of vega strike?

thanks for the help
loki1950
The Shepherd

Re: ...and now what?

Post by loki1950 »

Welcome skywalk69er the Clydesdale is available but rare maybe one landing in 20 will have one show up on those Ice and Trantor worlds and it's the Mil spec one so it comes tricked out with some heavy weapons and there is no way of controlling fleets ATM just one ship at a time though you can own multiple ships and then one of each type some of the guys go for collecting them.Which is pretty much it as we don't have a story line apart from the mini-quest that starts in the bar of the starting planet.There is always hacking the save file and such as most of the relevant files are just text files in one format or another.

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2
skywalk69er
Insys Pilot
Insys Pilot

Post by skywalk69er »

ok, I'll try to go back to cephid and do the mini quest

I'll try harder for the Clydesdale

more things funny to do?
Mr. Bane
Merchant
Merchant

Post by Mr. Bane »

From what I've been reading and looking at in the Wiki and Forums Vega Strike as a project seems to be in the Middle Phase of a game:

Phase 1: Develop Core Engine, Moding Tools (Check, though of course there are always bugs and new features to write in)
Phase 2: Do something with said engine and Tools
Phase 3: Final Production

Right now Vegastrike is a bulky...

1. Space Flight Simulator
2. Merchant Game
3. First Person Space Shooter (Ie, space combat)