Problem downloading

Just downloaded Vega Strike and need help? Have a question but don't know where to start? Ask here.
Nazllu1
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

Problem downloading

Post by Nazllu1 »

Hey, iam trying to download from soure forge but once i get it up and say "Run", it gives me an error message saying: Installer intergirty has failed. Common cause's include incomplete down load and damaged media. Contact the installer's author to obtain a new copy.

Help me please.
loki1950
The Shepherd

Re: Problem downloading

Post by loki1950 »

Which version and which platform windows/Linux/OSX not enough information to be able to help you sorry but from the look of that error you may need to re-download the whole thing again.

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2
Nazllu1
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

Post by Nazllu1 »

I have tried downloading the game again, but the same error came through, iam just trying to use the direct link and one of the mirrors...
denyasis
Hunter
Hunter

Post by denyasis »

Question?

are you clicking on the link and clicking "Run" in the dialog box that pops up?
If so, I would try clicking on "Save" waiting for the D/L to finish, then running it.

Hope that helps :-)
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

Thanks denyasis i missed that :oops:

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2
Nazllu1
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

Post by Nazllu1 »

Did it, and it asks me if i want to run it, i say "run", then it goes back ot the same message.
ace123
Lead Network Developer
Lead Network Developer

Post by ace123 »

Just some things to check:
Is your hard drive full? I recommend having 2GB free: 500 for the installer, and possibly 1GB for when it is extracted. Otherwise, some files might become corrupt because it can't fully write them to disk.

Another possibility is that you have a virus on your computer that is trying to embed itself into the installer .exe, causing the md5sum to be different. Not likely but also not unheard of.

Or, you could be on a really lousy internet connection. Some browsers (such as Firefox) will sometimes report a download as complete even when the file was obviously not fully downloaded because your internet connection died. Check the filesize to make sure all 423MB were downloaded. I might recommend to try a download manager, or a command line tool for testing why it failed. For example, using "wget -c", it will continue downloading even if it is cut off in the middle.

Did you try any other mirrors? It could be a problem with the specific mirror that sourceforge had chosen for you.

If you're desparate to play the game :-), you can run the installer with the "/NCRC" option. You can do this from cmd by typing vegastrike-0.5.0.exe /NCRC into a console. You may end up with a couple of corrupt files, but there's a chance that the majority of the game will work because a noisy internet connection flipped only a few bits. But keep in mind that this is completely unsupported and will likely not work depending on what caused the installer to be corrupt.
tfc_generalKMK
Merchant
Merchant

Post by tfc_generalKMK »

although this won't work if your HD is full or are having internet troubles you could try to just dowload the VPN that will bypass the install step that is needed for running .5