Moving Equipment?

Just downloaded Vega Strike and need help? Have a question but don't know where to start? Ask here.
s20dan
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

Moving Equipment?

Post by s20dan »

First, thanks for Vegastrike, Im unsure how it slipped under my radar for so long :)
Have been having a lot of fun with it in the last few days.

But I was wondering, is it possible to move equipment from one ship to another, or even move weapon mountings from one mount to another on a ship?
The only way I have found so far has been to sell the equipment then buy it back, but obviously with the better equipment, this can be very expensive.

Cheers.
loki1950
The Shepherd

Re: Moving Equipment?

Post by loki1950 »

That's the only way ATM there is some chatter about change but like with most FOSS projects lots of talk and few coders to actually do it :wink: Most of the code dealing with upgrades is done data side in python so if you have the skill set feel free to tinker 8)

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2
getstoopid
Explorer
Explorer

Post by getstoopid »

it would be helpful if selling equipment would occur automatically or it takes your old ship to pay the new one... first time i bought a new ship i missed that and lost loads of money O_o i think it would be a good idea to just add a ship value field that increases with your upgrades. let's say you got your llama (stock value about 150k i think? maybe divided by 3 or 4 because it's your starting ship and used) + upgrades sell value = ship sell value, and if you try to buy a new ship your old ships value is added to your balance.
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

Good idea :) then introduce a few operating costs to keep track of :twisted: as i don't i have to remind some of you we are primarily a space-flight sim that's the engine not the data set that is "Upon the Coldest Sea" but the upgrade system is done data side in python :wink: so that the various Mods can play with it to fit there needs 8) The whole system needs a rewrite the one source of data for is good old units.csv that is where upgrades are defined units is also a class that Python can used so if any one feels up to it just have a look there is some info on the Python API and the various built-in's

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2
Turbo
ISO Party Member
ISO Party Member

Post by Turbo »

getstoopid wrote:it would be helpful if selling equipment would occur automatically or it takes your old ship to pay the new one...
That would force the player to have only one ship at at time, and I think most of us like the option to own multiple ships.

I agree that it would be nice to move upgrades from one ship to another, perhaps by paying a small fee for labor, instead of selling them for 50% cost then re-buying them for 100%.
Turbo

There are two speeds in combat: stopped, and as fast as you can go. Unless you run into something, going fast keeps you alive more often than stopping.