Can you sell unwanted ships?

Just downloaded Vega Strike and need help? Have a question but don't know where to start? Ask here.
yelloweyes
Trader
Trader

Can you sell unwanted ships?

Post by yelloweyes »

Can you sell an unwanted ship?
Aslo is there anywhere I can find a description of the available ships, to help avoid buying an unwanted clunker?
Thanks
peteyg
Elite
Elite

Post by peteyg »

I personally have not found a way to do this. If there is one, it is not very obvious. If there isn't, then there should be one.
ATStriker
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

to do this,

Post by ATStriker »

this is not a curretn feature. to do this, however, ::::

DANGER!!!!!! CHEATING AND SPOILERS BELLOW!!!!!!
!!
!!
!!
!!
!!
!!
!!
!!
!!
!!
First, go into your vegastrike directory then /.vegastrike/save and open your saved game in notepad. FInd the number on the first line that looks like the same amount of money you have. change it to teh amount you had before buying the ship. Then buy a new ship and promise never to use the old one ever again.
-"I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the Flame of Anor. You cannot pass. The dark fire will not avail you, flame of Udun. Go back to the Shadow. You cannot pass!"
etheral walker
Elite
Elite

Post by etheral walker »

and on the same line you can change your current ship ;)
I see dead polygons....
yelloweyes
Trader
Trader

Post by yelloweyes »

:D Thanks Guy's
Very much appreciated.
jayhags
Trader
Trader

Post by jayhags »

I thought I had come up with a non-cheat (file edit) way to do this, but it didn’t work…

My plan was to pick up my unwanted ship into the cargo hold of another ship, then sell it as cargo. I ejected from my unwanted Convolution right next to a mining base and flew the pod into the docking area. I then got my Plowshare with Tractor Beam and went looking for the Convolution I left behind. When I found it, I was unable to tractor it into my ship – it just kept hitting me.

Would this have worked with a bigger ship (Ox, Mule) or with the Heavy Tractor Beam?
G3David
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

big ship

Post by G3David »

i suggest getting the BIGGEST SHIP YOU CAN FInd, and then use the tractor beam..in the previous version, the Cargo ship would be the best, but i don't know what its called now, can anyone help em out heere, telling him which ship he should substatue for the one he has now?
P.S. i still have the Ejection seat of death :D :D :D :twisted:
Excuse me sir, can you tell me how to get to Omicron Persei 8?
My Website|Please do not click here