some compiling problems on mdk9.0

Just downloaded Vega Strike and need help? Have a question but don't know where to start? Ask here.
etheral walker
Elite
Elite

some compiling problems on mdk9.0

Post by etheral walker »

while trying to compile cvs, I got this:
Making all in c_alike
make[5]: Entre dans le répertoire `/tempo/vegastrike/src/cmd/script/c_alike'
g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I../../../.. -DHAVE_SDL=1 -DSDL_WINDOWING=1 -DHAVE_SDL_MIXER=1 -DHAVE_AL=1 -I/usr/include/python2.2 -DHAVE_PYTHON=1 -I../boost129 -I../../boost129 -I../src/boost129 -DUSE_BOOST_129=1 -pipe -O3 -fexpensive-optimizations -fomit-frame-pointer -Wall -ffast-math -I/usr/include/SDL -D_REENTRANT -pipe -c c_alike.tab.cpp
c_alike.yacc: In function `int yyparse()':
c_alike.yacc:132: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions
c_alike.yacc:165: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions
/usr/lib/bison.simple:614: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions
/usr/lib/bison.simple:626: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions

... and gcc take all memory and processor :roll:

then I tryed that:
g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I../../../.. -DHAVE_SDL=1 -DHAVE_AL=1 -O3 -Wall -fomit-frame-pointer -ffast-math -fexpensive-optimizations -falign-loops=2 -falign-jumps=2 -falign-functions=2 -I/usr/local/include -I/usr/local/include/SDL -D_REENTRANT -c c_alike.tab.cpp

to disable optimisations, but same problem.
Any idea?
I see dead polygons....
hellcatv
Developer
Developer

Post by hellcatv »

take out the -O3 option when compiling that file
just paste the compile line in the src/cmd/script/c_alike.cpp into a bash terminal

we're going to axe that file in the future anyway-- but until then you have to do that...
Vega Strike Lead Developer
http://vegastrike.sourceforge.net/