another alien race needed??

Just downloaded Vega Strike and need help? Have a question but don't know where to start? Ask here.
Mr. Can

another alien race needed??

Post by Mr. Can »

just curious.. is another alien race needed for the game?? like have another one which is like: Avian, Canine, Reptilian, Amphibious, Feline, Human, or even energy based race where their phsyical bodies don't even exist.

i know more races would be more interesting but more work though.
hellcatv
Developer
Developer

Post by hellcatv »

if you want to model the aliens then that's fine... I think the current models could use some redoing before we even add more though
Vega Strike Lead Developer
http://vegastrike.sourceforge.net/
BobMcDob

Post by BobMcDob »

NO! NO MORE ALIENS! ALIENS SUCK! EARTH FIRST!

Erm, but seriously too many aliens does ruin the broth. What'd be great is if someone (i.e., someone who a) isn't me and b) doesn't suck) would make a Rlaan physique mesh. That'd kick six degrees of posterior.
Mr. Can

Post by Mr. Can »

why not anymore aliens??

looking at humans at a billion of different games all the time got extremely boring for me.

what can i say??

well ill wait for all the other ships to get remodeled before we add anything else.
scheherazade
Developer
Developer

Post by scheherazade »

its a lot or none IMO.

either make it a human factions only thing

or something like master of orion where you have a zillion.

-scheherazade
Spyro
Atmospheric Pilot
Atmospheric Pilot

Post by Spyro »

What about gient, evil, system eating space monsters or something of the sort :twisted:
aegidian
Trader
Trader

Post by aegidian »

I heard someone was planning to have a giant mutant star goat eat us all.
jackS
Minister of Information
Minister of Information

Wherefore art thou, ye teeming rabble of alien breeds?

Post by jackS »

assertion 1: current VS backstory has plenty of alien species

assertion 2: there currently isn't much in the way of ship models for species other than Human, Rlaan, and Aera..

assertion 3: until assertion 2 becomes false, backstory and faction listings are the only places one is likely to see said aliens.

so, especially since the VS backstory isn't nearly completely written yet, consider them a currently unimplemented feature.
pontiac
Elite
Elite
Location: Far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the Galaxy

Post by pontiac »

aegidian wrote:I heard someone was planning to have a giant mutant star goat eat us all.
kinda reminds me of pacman:
*munch* *munch* *munch* *munch* *cherry* *munch* *earth* *munch* *wayfarer* *munch* *munch* *munch* *starfortress* *munch* *ghos.......

SCNR Pontiac ;-)