Questionable graphical effects

Just downloaded Vega Strike and need help? Have a question but don't know where to start? Ask here.
Linknoid
Trader
Trader

Questionable graphical effects

Post by Linknoid »

I don't know which forum this belongs in, it's not really a feature request, more like a question about game behavior.

I'm running the latest CVS (as of yesterday).

I can't figure out why in the world my cockpit shakes so violently when I'm turning. Is it just that my starting ship has awful vibration supression? And if so, why doesn't it vibrate when I'm accellerating, that seems like it would cause more vibration than turning. I'm thinking of flying on an airplane, most vibration occurs during accelleration, whereas turns are relatively smooth.

Now that I think about it, it seems like most vibration should be caused by interaction with external objects: collisions, being hit by enemy fire, atmospheric resistance, etc. Can anyone explain the reasoning why the cockpit vibrates on turns? Or is that not a design decision, just a bug?

Also, another strange graphical effect: Sometimes a great many of the stars twinkle, which should be a behavior associate solely with viewing from within an atmosphere, and even with an extremely turbulent atmosphere, I have a hard time imagining the stars twinkling to that extent. Is this a feature?
Vespero
Trader
Trader

Post by Vespero »

Maybe we can do a little quid pro quo on this matter. The question I would ask is, are you trying to turn with time compressed? I notice that whenever I do that, the cockpit shudders horribly. If it's happening all of the time, I don't know what the problem is.
Now, you said that you have the latest CVS. I'm trying to get it, but am a little baffled about how to go about it (I really am not very computer literate, and when things start getting complex, I get lost). Maybe you could point me in the right direction?
Vespero de Sabara
Macacos me mordem!
Macacos me mordem!
Shark
Confed Special Operative
Confed Special Operative

Post by Shark »

Vespero wrote:The question I would ask is, are you trying to turn with time compressed?
I've noticed this in other sims, as well.