Various questions from the curious

Just downloaded Vega Strike and need help? Have a question but don't know where to start? Ask here.
agentg
Trader
Trader

Various questions from the curious

Post by agentg »

I run vega on my mac at home and on pc during lunch breaks i've noticed that exploration missions are available on the pc but i cant find them for the mac.
Any help on how to get a explore mission or even if they are available would b great.
Do area photon weapons ignore shields??
When a faction conquers a sector do they rebuild instalations (factories etc)
Ive also noticed that conquered sectors often have planets of opposing factions is it impossible for the factions to conquer a planet oer do they always turn nuetral??

Thats the lot thanks everyone
:twisted:
"Oh no mr flibble we couldn't do that.....Who'd clean up the mess?"
hellcatv
Developer
Developer

Post by hellcatv »

Interesting--the code's the same--perhaps the exploration missions are triggered more in the systems you are playing on your PC.

hmm I don't recall them ignoring shields, but you can check by editing the weapon_list.xml in the data folder (in the mac you have to right click view folder contents on the .app)
you can see if it does any sort of phase damage alongside the normal damage

the faction that conquors should rebuild right away...
if not then there's a bug with that code--it hasn't been that carefully tested... have you noticed one way or another?
as for the planets...they remain the same type--with the same people...just working for a different gov't now
Vega Strike Lead Developer
http://vegastrike.sourceforge.net/