Cant controll ship with mouse ?

Just downloaded Vega Strike and need help? Have a question but don't know where to start? Ask here.

Cant controll ship with mouse ?

Post by Guest »

Hello,

I am kinda new to Vegastrike so maybe my questions seem silly but answer them anyway, so first why it is that with some ship's flyin' with mouse allright and with some ships mouse is too sensitive or something cannot fly normaly ? can I fix it ?

other thing is that everytime I save and then load again seems that all extras I have bought have been gone (like jump drive lasers and stuff) ? is it normal ?

Apophis

PS! sorry for my english.
Apophis
Atmospheric Pilot
Atmospheric Pilot

more

Post by Apophis »

and more problem is that after some time I need to restard machine coz it's so slow ... if anybody can help me with these three thing I would be glad ...

Thank you
IxianMace
Mercenary
Mercenary

Post by IxianMace »

Different ships fly differently. The bigger heavier ships will be less agile, the smaller interceptor class ships will be able to turn faster, etc.

What ship are you using when you save and load, but the extras have vanished?

Apophis: Try turning your graphics options down, turn the lightining off, or reduce the detail level as much as you can tolerate. That should help your fps/loading times.
hurleybird
Elite
Elite

Post by hurleybird »

are you using the latest release? the early 0.4 versions had some trouble with steering.
Dunemouse
Atmospheric Pilot
Atmospheric Pilot

Mice

Post by Dunemouse »

I had some problems with the mouse controls when I first started playing. I changed the settings from Mouse Warping to Mouse Slide and it improved dramatically. This setting will give you a second targeting reticle that is a mouse pointer. Moving it off center will steer the ship- all the more dramatically when you move it further off center. Moving it back to center rights the ship.
You can run, but you'll only die tired.
piperhayes
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

Post by piperhayes »

I've been using the mouse slide and love it.
Duality
Daredevil Venturer
Daredevil Venturer

Post by Duality »

Had trouble with some steering with control lag?

Like the game responds .3 second later after a key is pressed?