Can't install from .deb

Just downloaded Vega Strike and need help? Have a question but don't know where to start? Ask here.
ZombeApocalips
Just a tourist with a frag'd nav console

Can't install from .deb

Post by ZombeApocalips »

I did a forum search and didn't find any mention of this issue so here goes...

I just downloaded Vega Strike 0.5.1.r1 deb file from the /all directory and when i try to run it to install I get an error which says something to the tune of "Dependency not satisfiable: (>=VegaStrike 0.5.1.r1-1)." Generally if I see a dependency error it's as easy as downloading the synaptic package that I'm getting the error on and that's that. Anyway I tried following the instructions for install here on the forum but I'm afraid it's either outdated or perhaps (and this may be more likely) I've just misinterpreted it. If someone could please give me a step-by-step on how to make this thing run, I'd sure like to give it a try. I'm slightly doubtful but hoping I can get it to run on my laptop.

Thanks in advance.
klauss
Elite
Elite

Re: Can't install from .deb

Post by klauss »

A lot better than just installing the .deb, is setting up the repository in /etc/apt/sources.list, as instructed here

Which OS are we talking about?
Oíd mortales, el grito sagrado...
Call me "Menes, lord of Cats"
Wing Commander Universe
ZombeApocalips

Post by ZombeApocalips »

I'm sorry I forgot to mention that. Ubuntu 10.04.
ZombeApocalips

Post by ZombeApocalips »

Ok, this is the instruction I'm having trouble with. I've added repositories before but I'm not sure what the repository information is for Vega Strike. It talks about putting in mirror information for automatic updates but I have no idea what the information I need to put in here. If someone could enlighten me I would be appreciative.
klauss
Elite
Elite

Post by klauss »

No, the instructions are generic for the build service, you have to replace the URLs by those specific for VS and ubuntu 10.04. They're linked in the release announcement thread.
Oíd mortales, el grito sagrado...
Call me "Menes, lord of Cats"
Wing Commander Universe