Can't move forward/accelerate

Just downloaded Vega Strike and need help? Have a question but don't know where to start? Ask here.
Jinboy
Just a tourist with a frag'd nav console

Can't move forward/accelerate

Post by Jinboy »

Hey guys, I just downloaded Vega Strike, because it looked really cool. However, when I went to play it, I found that the controls indicated in the manual to increase velocity did not work. I cannot move forward. Everything else works, lasers, missiles, targeting, etc. When I try to increase the velocity, the numbers go up, but I stay in the same spot. It kind of sucks not being able to move, so can someone help me please? I really want to play the game.
Thank you!
Gungnir
Mercenary
Mercenary

Re: Can't move forward/accelerate

Post by Gungnir »

Try hitting the tilde key (~); you might have accidentally turned you flight computer off, and when it's off you pretty much have to use tab to accelerate. If that doesn't help, you might want to file a bug report.
~Gungnir
segfault wrote:if I was actually in space I'd totally be throwing on autopilot and relaxing in the back during the trip, sipping space wine and listening (rlaan?) jazz.
Rig: i5 2500k @ 5ghz, 2x OCZ Agility 3 120gb SSD boot drives, AMD Radeon HD 7950 @ 1100/1575 (Catalyst 12.1 Linux and 12.3 Windows), dual-boot Fedora 16 KDE and Windows 7 Pro
Jinboy

Post by Jinboy »

Thanks, but it didn't work. Could it be because I'm running Windows 7?
pheonixstorm
Elite
Elite

Post by pheonixstorm »

No, ive got it running in win 7 w/o problems. Which keys are you using?
Because of YOU Arbiter, MY kids? can't get enough gas. OR NIPPLE! How does that mkae you feeeel? ~ Halo
TBeholder
Elite Venturer
Elite Venturer

Post by TBeholder »

So it's persistent then? Hmm. The ship is Llama?
Try to bind immediate thrust and see how VS reacts on this.
"Two Eyes Good, Eleven Eyes Better." -Michele Carter
DaveAshton
Merchant
Merchant

Post by DaveAshton »

This may sound really obvious, but are you absolutely sure you're not moving? Space is massive, so unless you're reasonably close to something you can't really tell you're going anywhere.

Start a new game, go into space, and press [N] until Serenity is highlighted. Then, hit [A] so your autopilot takes you there. When (if) you arrive at Serenity, it'll be a lot easier to see if your engines are having any effect for you. If you either don't move under autopilot, or you get to Serenity but still can't manually navigate your ship (after disengaging the autopilot), you've definitely got a problem.
lost_shaman
Atmospheric Pilot
Atmospheric Pilot

Post by lost_shaman »

i just started the game last night and was having a similar problem i think i figured it out, when i first got on the game i was planing on hauling cargo since i started out on the water world i figured i would load up on a bunch of foodstuffs and head to the mining base to sell it with my haul full of all the foodstuffs i could afford i was still at a very low mass i had no problems moving through space accelerating or decelerating but once i got to the mining base and loaded up with heavy metals the mass of my ship was quite a bit larger i was a lot more sluggish after doing the run a few times i had enough money to really bog down my ship i was frustrated i didn't know why i wasn't accelerating at the same pace as before i had mass at 6500% of base i'm use to the privateer game where no matter how full your ship was with cargo it didn't effect your speed but this game is a different story i solved this problem by upgrading my ship with overdrives and capacitors and a better reactor i hope this helps anyone else who is having similar problems :D
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

Welcome aboard lost_shaman yeh the real world physics can be a gotta ya lots of people don't expect reality in a game but we do bill our selves as a space simulation ;)

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2