Custom M3U

Just downloaded Vega Strike and need help? Have a question but don't know where to start? Ask here.
travists
Expert Mercenary
Expert Mercenary

Custom M3U

Post by travists »

Understand playing your mp3 library in VS is rather simple, but which of the exsisting m3u's would be the best one to overwrite (or rename and give your m3u it's name) to here your music?

Thanks
klauss
Elite
Elite

Re: Custom M3U

Post by klauss »

They all take turns, depending on context.

From my own experience, the ones that play most frequently are the ones in threat.
Oíd mortales, el grito sagrado...
Call me "Menes, lord of Cats"
Wing Commander Universe
travists
Expert Mercenary
Expert Mercenary

Post by travists »

So, we meet again. Thanks klauss, I was looking in music. No luck there, obviously.

For anyone else wondering about where to do it, you find the m3u's in (game folder)\(data\ [for svn])\.vegastrike\playlists

edit: the threat folder, or any of the rest of them, didn't do anything. however the m3u files just under .vegastrike did. need to play a bit I guess
Turbo
ISO Party Member
ISO Party Member

Post by Turbo »

In the process of talking about newly-completed news broadcasts, I just posted a sample playlist in Music and Sound. It provides examples of how to manipulate the playlists including locations for files. Last summer when SVN still worked for me, I found (like you) that the playlists in the /playlists/ subfolders don't actually play, just the ones in .vegastrike.
Turbo

There are two speeds in combat: stopped, and as fast as you can go. Unless you run into something, going fast keeps you alive more often than stopping.
travists
Expert Mercenary
Expert Mercenary

Post by travists »

Turbo wrote:In the process of talking about newly-completed news broadcasts, I just posted a sample playlist in Music and Sound. It provides examples of how to manipulate the playlists including locations for files. Last summer when SVN still worked for me, I found (like you) that the playlists in the /playlists/ subfolders don't actually play, just the ones in .vegastrike.
COOL 8) Where exactly would I find it? havent had much luck dropping my mp3s in.
Turbo
ISO Party Member
ISO Party Member

Post by Turbo »

Sorry, I could have been more clear. I put it in the Music and Sound Collaboration forum in this specific post. That post also links to the wiki page where we posted the "news" and other recordings we have done so far.

I have been working with OGG sounds and have not tested it with MP3.
Turbo

There are two speeds in combat: stopped, and as fast as you can go. Unless you run into something, going fast keeps you alive more often than stopping.