need help on flying

Just downloaded Vega Strike and need help? Have a question but don't know where to start? Ask here.
pbman657
Insys Pilot
Insys Pilot

need help on flying

Post by pbman657 »

hey, recently installed version 5 on my windows vista 32bit, i use an x52 joystick but i wasnt sure if it was 2 or 3 axis (yes, im blonde FYI :lol: ) so i selected 3 axis + throttle and when i played if my throttle was anything below 50% it would spin left, vice versa for above 50%.

what could i do to fix this?
CLoneWolf
ISO Party Member
ISO Party Member

Re: need help on flying

Post by CLoneWolf »

Hello and welcome! :D
First of all, to take full advantage of your x52, you might check this topic related to the x45 and see what's to be done; unluckily there's no ready-made config section in the wiki for the x52 but it shouldn't differ too much from the x45.
As for the throttle "incorrectly" bound to the roll axis, I had that too for my Sidewinder, and solved it by switching the axis index for throttle and roll:
<axis name="throttle" joystick="0" axis="3"/>
(the original said axis="2") and
<axis name="z" joystick="0" axis="2" inverse="true"/>
(the original said axis="3" and I also added inverse="true" because twisting the stick to the right would roll the ship to the left; yours might not need inversion)

HTH
athomic1
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by athomic1 »

Not sure if should post here or in the thread I followed here, but anyway:

Does the roll function work on a continuous axis, the way pitch and yaw do with the joystick or mouse, or is it strictly "on/off"? That is, can you only "spin up" to maximum roll in either direction, or will the system let you do "slow" rolls on a continuous axis control? Last I remember, there was no way to control thrust settings on a continuous axis, so I thought I'd ask.

Hoping we'll have ALL those options, eventually...
CLoneWolf
ISO Party Member
ISO Party Member

Post by CLoneWolf »

As long as the axis is recognized as analog, there should be no reason for it not to work, just like the throttle axis at the base of my joystick, that goes all the way from 0 to max velocity; IIRC, also the roll works that way (set on the handle twist axis in my case).

Before than the game itself, the issue might be how your OS sees the joystick parts; for instance, unless I set a proper environment variable for the SDL input before running the game, my CH hat is seen as 2 digital axes.