Can't find screenshots

Just downloaded Vega Strike and need help? Have a question but don't know where to start? Ask here.
Lt.bird
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

Can't find screenshots

Post by Lt.bird »

Hi again,

I'm running VS 0.5.0 on Mac OS X and I'm having a bit of trouble with screenshots. The game skips a frame, acting like it is taking a shot in-game when I press the 'i' key, but I can't find any trace in the "~/.vegastrike/textures" directory besides the backgrounds folder(checked in there too). A spotlight for images created "Today" finding invisible or visible produces absolutely nothing relevant.

Am I doing something wrong, or have I run into a bug?
TBeholder
Elite Venturer
Elite Venturer

Re: Can't find screenshots

Post by TBeholder »

Maybe it created second one (in home and data, or something)? Do you see your saves in .vegastrike/save and .vegastrike/serialized_xml there?
"Two Eyes Good, Eleven Eyes Better." -Michele Carter
Keller
Merchant
Merchant

Re: Can't find screenshots

Post by Keller »

~/.vegastrike-0.5.0/textures is where they're supposed to be. However, there's supposed to be a lot more stuff in that folder than just the backgrounds folder. (like all the mesh stuff)

Try this:

Using Terminal, enter into ~/.vegastrike-0.5.0

type find -d . | grep Screenshot

this will search through all the directories under the vegastrike install directory and allow you to locate where the Screenshots are. (hopefully you've taken at least one to find)

Hope This Helps.
Nothing is uninteresting. ;)