Some Cargo Missions Are IMPOSSIBLE!!!

Just downloaded Vega Strike and need help? Have a question but don't know where to start? Ask here.
Laraso
Mercenary
Mercenary

Some Cargo Missions Are IMPOSSIBLE!!!

Post by Laraso »

Hello, I just downloaded Vega Strike about 3 days ago, and one thing that I have noticed is that some cargo missions are just plain IMPOSSIBLE! What I mean is that if I am running a cargo mission, and I have to dock in a ship, no matter WHAT I do the ship just ends up flying away! :roll: I press D to request docking clearance, and the ship will just try and SPEC boost away from me! :shock: It will continually SPEC boost away whenever I get near it, around 10 kilometers or so, making it virtually impossible to do some cargo missions. Even when I do successfully get to the ship, right when I am about to dock, it boosts away! :evil: This happens particularly with the Ox and the Mule.

Can someone PLEASE tell me what I am doing wrong? By the way, this is a great game! I look forward to its completion! :D
loki1950
The Shepherd

Re: Some Cargo Missions Are IMPOSSIBLE!!!

Post by loki1950 »

Welcome Laraso docking with ships is still kinda tricky it can be done that pressing of "docking request" only gives you 20 secs :shock: so keep hitting it.It can be easy to forget to hit the "d" key while trying to get close enough for the docking clamps to grab your ship.

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2
Laraso
Mercenary
Mercenary

Post by Laraso »

loki1950 wrote:Welcome Laraso docking with ships is still kinda tricky it can be done that pressing of "docking request" only gives you 20 secs :shock: so keep hitting it.It can be easy to forget to hit the "d" key while trying to get close enough for the docking clamps to grab your ship.

Actually, when I try to dock on a ship, I am mashing the D button over and over again, and it doesn't seem to help. I have tried not mashing it, and that doesn't work either. :( Maybe I am just no good at it. Oh well, its not the end of the world. I can still have fun destroying the universe in a Robin with infinite Capship Missles. :twisted:
Hern
Trader
Trader

Post by Hern »

Just ran into a good one. My destination ship was in the center of a planet. Good reason for not letting ships pass through such objects lol.
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

Hopefully safemode will be getting back to the collision code soon and get that corrected.

my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2
ace123
Lead Network Developer
Lead Network Developer

Post by ace123 »

You can hit "home" which tells your computer to match velocity with your target. it is good for docking to ships. Hitting "end" will reset the reference point to the nearest star.

Also, hitting Alt+0 will inform the target ship that you are interested in docking, and the AI should drop out of SPEC and at least try to allow you to dock.
appollokillers1
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

Post by appollokillers1 »

maybe find the ship in the middle of the planet it's a good part,couse you find it,but when you take jumps from one planet to the next and al the jump points and the ship it's so well hidden that it's impossible to find it,the best way is to put in the future a way to find that endpoint more easily with a note with something like ''close to...''