Story Mission 3

Just downloaded Vega Strike and need help? Have a question but don't know where to start? Ask here.
jwesle
Explorer
Explorer

Story Mission 3

Post by jwesle »

I've just gotten to the third "story mission"... but I can't seem to figure out where I'm supposed to go, or what I'm supposed to do after I receive the "don't leave the system, or you're dead" threat... Can someone give me some kind of hint?
MC707
Venturer
Venturer

Re: Story Mission 3

Post by MC707 »

I am not sure, but that 'campaign' ends pretty soon, as missions are just toddlers IIRC.
My Machine: OS: Ubuntu 8.10 (intrepid) 64 bit in a 500GB Maxtor HD @ 7200 RPM, Windows Vista PsyChoses Edition 2009 32 bit in a 500GB Samsung HD @ 7200 RPM CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz GPU: nVidia GeForce 9400 GT @ 1024 MB RAM: 3891 MB
Earthlings|The End of the Internet?|FreeWebsite
parkel
Hunter
Hunter

Post by parkel »

the campaign is not currently completed yet, only ends at mission 2.

heard that from loki.
  • Derivative + pArKeL + a bunch of luddites = ?

:D
jwesle
Explorer
Explorer

Post by jwesle »

Oh well :( ... but perhaps I can help with that! :idea:
Turbo
ISO Party Member
ISO Party Member

Post by Turbo »

The first time I got that mission in version 0.4a, I jumped out of the system and was attacked after jumping by 4 hyenas. Later I got version 0.5 and then the SVN, and in both cases nothing happened when I left Cephid 17.
Turbo

There are two speeds in combat: stopped, and as fast as you can go. Unless you run into something, going fast keeps you alive more often than stopping.
athomic1
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by athomic1 »

I don't know how much difference there is among different distros' packages (I'm running VS for Fedora 11, just up from 10), but the campaign mission set was extended considerably. Given how it plays vs. what I saw in the campaign file, though, I think it might still be a bit more "linear" than it's ultimately supposed to be.

If I recall correctly, the third mission involves a little "present" whatsisname has you deliver to Jenek. I didn't want to complete it, but went ahead, as doing otherwise didn't seem to go much of anywhere. Likewise the mission that follows, but that one either has two different outcomes, based on what you do, or you get that "don't leave the system" warning if you turn it down. Don't remember which, but I did wind up getting that warning, and when I jumped anyway, I was met by pirates on the other side. Funny part is, I don't think I got to shoot more than one of 'em. The locals mostly peeled 'em apart before I got the chance. :mrgreen:

A couple things I noticed, though: First, I was stuck with one of these "stub" missions that just sits there with no clear way to complete it successfully. The only way I knew to get rid of it was to abort it. Until I did (this is the second), the pirates would pop up again every time I jumped through THAT same gate, and ONLY then. Jump through any other gate, or back the way I came, and no attackers. SO, I guess the mission locks in whatever jump gate you use right after that warning, and keeps tripping whenever you use it again.

I'm not sure what work is going on with the campaign, but I think it's still very much a "work in progress." The only path that seems to go anywhere is the criminal one, although the file seems to include some others. I've tried getting to those, but there doesn't seem to be any clear action that triggers them. I'm hoping maybe that will get straightened out, eventually.